CCC is a workshop series bringing together researchers from exact real number computation, computable analysis, effective descriptive set theory, constructive analysis, and related areas. The overall aim is to apply logical methods in these disciplines to provide a sound foundation for obtaining exact and provably correct algorithms for computations with real numbers and related analytical data, which are of increasing importance in safety critical applications and scientific computation.
Previous workshops have been held in Cologne 2009, Trier 2012, Gregynog 2013, Ljubljana 2014, Kochel 2015, and Nancy 2017. The conference series has always been linked with EU-funded international research projects, with COMPUTAL (Computable Analysis) in the years 2012-2015 and now with CID (Computing with Infinite Data), a research network between Europe, Chile, Japan, New Zealand, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, and the USA. This conference is the second CID event, but is open to all researchers in the area.
The workshop will take place in Faro, Portugal.
On 24 September 2018 we will have the Mid-term Meeting of the CID project. So the scientific part starts on 25 September 2018.
The workshop specifically invites contributions in the areas of:
- Exact real number computation
- Correctness of algorithms on infinite data
- Computable analysis
- Complexity of real numbers, real-valued functions, etc.
- Effective descriptive set theory
- Scott’s domain theory
- Constructive analysis
- Category-theoretic approaches to computation on infinite data
- Weihrauch degrees
- And related areas.
- Vasco Brattka (Munich, Germany)
- Akitoshi Kawamura (Fukuoka, Japan)
- Jaap van Oosten (Utrecht, Netherlands)
Warwick Tucker (Uppsala, Sweden)(talk cancelled)
- Martin Ziegler (Daejeon, South Korea)
Extended abstracts (1-2 pages) of original work are welcome. The (extended) deadline for submissions is 30 July 2018. Submissions can be made on the following link:
- Martin Escardo (Birmingham)
- Daniel Graça (Faro) (co-chair)
- Mathieu Hoyrup (Nancy)
- Maria Emilia Maietti (Padua)
- Hideki Tsuiki (Kyoto, Japan)
- Dieter Spreen (Siegen) (co-chair)
- Daniel Graça (Faro)
To register, please go to the registration webpage. The registration period ends on 5 September 2018.
Programme and local information
The CCC 2018 programme can be found on the following webpage, which also contains information about the workshop venue: